 Space / 140
Re: Is Classic Space really that fantastic?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 16:35:49 GMT

Tobias Möller wrote in message ...
I have never owned a Classic Space set, so maybe I am the wrong person to
say this, but here we go:

I have alwys loved space. When I found the Internet and all the exciting
space stuff there, I was very excited. Escpecially over Classic space.
Everyone says that it is so great, and I also thought so. Yes, of course
some of the stuff are great, but what about all the small things like the
space shuttle? They are not that great, are they?

I think one of the main things about Classic Space is that new models
were brought out in the same range each year, and you could buy this
year's new models and put them easily alongside last year's.

Nowadays (ever since Blacktron I, actually) TLG will bring out a
new branch of space every year, or almost every year.  So you can
never develop a large range of models that fit into a particular
theme, you end up having to buy duplicates.  With Classic Space,
there were dozens of models in the 2-3 $ range, say, that were
all unique.  Nowadays, it's M:Tron one year, Insectoids the next
and UFO the year after, each with a limited range of sets.

And that is why I think Classic Space has the 'classic' status
we tend to give it.

David.