 Space / 13885
Re: Giant Cruiser and MOC contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 21:04:33 GMT

In lugnet.space, Andrew Engstrom writes:
Super Idea!

I was just cruising the Galactic Shipyard when I found this thread.  I
thought that it would be a great way to show off your captial ships and for
others to see them and learn techniques. I need to learn more most of all!

I have a captial ship that's sort of boxy, but I think pretty good for only
the third version and to prior planning!

SHIP STATS:
Name: Thor's Hammer
Length: 96 studs
Width: about 45-50 studs
Height: 20 bricks
Minimum/Maximum crew: 10/50

Flight deck holds 5 small/medium fighters.  Refueling and repair bays.
Siege Hanger is smaller than I had hoped, but the idea is to have a drydock
area in which to overhaul (or even build!) fighters and bombers.
Barracks holds four to eight people in rotation.
Medical bay holds two to four injured 'figs at a time.

Utility deck is smaller and houses life support, airlock, and LRDD control
station (called the "Lard" by the crew--Long Range Detection Device).

Command Deck is designed for five workers- Captain, two pilots,
communications/intelligence officer, and Navigator.

All decks are connected by an elevator (non-powered).

Called the Thor's Hammer because of an Artificial Lightning cannon on the
front of the ship.  Orbit-to-ground capable.

Sorry if I intruded on a conversation between friends, but this seemed like
a good idea to dig up again!

In lugnet.space, Bill Jackson writes:
I was thinking that it would be fun to have an MOC contest judged in a few
areas:  Biggest MOC, Most Well-Designed MOC, and Most Technology-Utilizing MOC
(i.e. with motors, lights, possibly some dacta, technic, and mindstorms
elements).  Everyone could post a link to pictures of their MOC and state the
size (length, width, and heighth), as well as other statistics.  We would then
judge the ships.  What does everyone think of this?

[...]lemme know what you think about
the MOC contest.

sounds great...

Havn't ever tried a big ship, though.  Can anyone clue me in on about how
much bricks you would need for a ship anywere from 60 to 100 studs long?

Why don't we have some sort of contest?  There hasn't been a space contest
since I joined (I remember begging my parents to let me join Lugnet and
enter the Blacktron, but my dad, who hates me using computors, said no)and I
look forward to one!

BTW- How about more categories fore smaller ships, such as best small ship,
or best fighter, or best civilian craft?

John Kruer