 Space / 1300
  Re: Galaxy Explorer (Was Re: Poor packaging by TLC )

(...) It doesn't bother me too much either, but I imagine an open cockpit would make atmospheric re-entry a little dicy :-) -Duane (24 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Galaxy Explorer (Was Re: Poor packaging by TLC )

(...) :) That's assuming re-entry is achieved using the historic method of falling until the atmosphere is thick enough to support wings or parachutes. In fantastic settings, ships could use some more-controlled method of descent. Or have some (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Galaxy Explorer (Was Re: Poor packaging by TLC )

(...) Actually, it's because LEGO people have really, really thick spacesuits. They're actually normally proportioned people, it's just the thick suits that make them look that way. The thick helmet visor distorts their features into the smileys you (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Galaxy Explorer (Was Re: Poor packaging by TLC )

(...) In the interest of providing a sense of realism, I always build fully-enclosed spacecraft. Even in a spacecraft the never enters the atmosphere, the crew needs to be protected from radiation. Our atmosphere, and Earth's electromagnetic field, (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.space)