 Space / 10674
Re: Marsupial Carriers (Was: Re: *BIG* Update!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 17:40:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Paul Baulch writes:

"Mr L F Braun" <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message

   Anyways, I'd love to see the concept carried further.  All 25
   gallons of my grey are in use at the moment (ack), but with
   enough time I'll put together a marsupial for Suffren's snub
   fighters.

Well, I realise that my track record for posting MOCs is pretty abysmal, but
for what it's worth, here's a pic of a marsupial-style  "light multi-role
carrier" that I took to a recent 'fest:

@.@  tahts freakin awesome!  i don't suppose you got any inspiration from dream
pod 9's heavy gear?  the little fighters look simple but awesome in their own
right.  going to post any pics of them individually?

I'm not completely happy with the nose, it's hard to tell from the photo but
from other angles it's really really jagged.
I actually have twice as many fighters as will fit on it, but it's just
toooo heavy already. Not surprisingly I lack sufficient grey bricks for a
sister craft... :-(
Currently it's loosely termed MSV or "medium space vehicle", suggestions for
a _decent_ name would be greatly appreciated!

how bout Hive, or another nest-related term?  or rack? hmm, nm lol.

No more pics yet, it's nearly 2am and I have a busy day tomorrow...

--
Cheers,
Paul