 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 966
Re: Marsupial Carriers (Was: Re: *BIG* Update!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build, lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 14:33:52 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Paul Baulch writes:

"Mr L F Braun" <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message

   Anyways, I'd love to see the concept carried further.  All 25
   gallons of my grey are in use at the moment (ack), but with
   enough time I'll put together a marsupial for Suffren's snub
   fighters.

Well, I realise that my track record for posting MOCs is pretty abysmal, but
for what it's worth, here's a pic of a marsupial-style  "light multi-role
carrier" that I took to a recent 'fest:

Paul, the techniques you used on the engine-end of this ship are
great!  The large radar dishes are arranged such that is looks
like there are spherical tanks buried in there, perhaps one
single large tank.  Overall the rear end reminds me of the Star
Wars Calamari cruiser shape with all of the curvature effects.
Very nice!

KDJ
LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada