 Space / 10393
Re: Future Piaggio P9000x
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 02:01:38 GMT

In lugnet.space, Joel Jacobsen writes:
In lugnet.space, Joel Kuester writes:
LMKWYT!

Joel!!

Awesome scooter, man! It seems to run in the same vein as Paul Hartzog's tan
speeder bike from months past. At least to my eyes. :)

thanks, I wasn't thinking of his speeder when I made it, but I can
definately see why you'd think that.  I like his vehicle a lot, so I don't
mind the comparison.

I love the use of the 2x3 black backhoe "scoop" as the "skid plate" or
whatnot underneath. Is that a cleverly hidden click-hinge arm behind it? It
looks like it in this pic:

it is a click hinge, although I wasn't really trying to hide it, it's just
part of the shape  :)

You've made a great use of parts all around!

I'm really happy that I was able to use the large space port astronaut
backpack in a MOC.  It actually makes a really cool instrument panel and
handlebars.

Y'know.. looking at that same pic, it almost strikes me as something that
might have shown up in the background during the "chase" scenes at the
beginning(ish) of The 5th Element...

I have to admit I like some of the designs in that movie, but it was mostly
the sets like the apartments and the regeneration tube, some of the other
stuff was a little silly.

I love it! (and you've inspired me to try and think up something about this
size, now.. curse you! <G>)

well, there was a wheeled bike movement, so maybe with Pat's and Paul's
hover vehicles we can start the hover bike movement  :)

cheers!
Joel K