 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 99
98  |  100
Subject:
Java 2 pbFORTH console, version 0.2 source release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 13:33:43 GMT

Hello,

This is not for the faint of heart. I wrote a Java 2-based
pbFORTH console that strips out repeated characters when
talking with the RCX (most of the time). It still chokes
when the IR tower awakens, but you can get some pretty
clean-looking exchanges.

It's a source-only release. You'll need Java 2 and also
the Communications API (for the serial port stuff). It's
version 0.2 and I cannot provide any support whatsoever.
I suggest you don't try running this unless you're already
a Java jock of some sort.

If you enhance it in some way, please tell me about it.
I may add the capability to upload text files, but don't
hold your breath.

The source code is here:

  http://members.xoom.com/jknudsen/PBForthConsole.java

Regards,