 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1078
1077  |  1079
Subject:
New RcxCC revision posted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 23:26:46 GMT

Anyone who is interested in trying my revised RcxCC can find a copy at:

http://members.aol.com/johnbinder/rcxcc.zip

I've just uploaded another revision that implements several new features:

1) command line switches:
  /? or /help = display a help message on startup before continuing
  /COM=N = use the specified COM port instead of the default
  /RCX=N = use the specified RCX type instead of the default (RCX = 0,
Cybermaster = 1, Scout = 2, RCX2 = 3)
  /AUTO = use the auto connect startup mode instead of the default
  /POS=filename = use the window positions defined in the specified INI file
  /RESET = restore all the defaults (by deleting the registry key)

This feature should enable people to run 2 instances of RcxCC simultaneously
(say one talking to the Cybermaster and another talking to the RCX).  I
haven't tested this but it ought to work.  Be sure to turn OFF the
"save/restore window position" setting on the preferences dialog for this to
work properly.

Use /RESET to reload the Commands, Constants, and Keywords from the files in
the Default directory.

2) Saving/loading of window positions as a menu item off the Windows menu.
Use this feature to create the INI file used with the /POS=filename command
line switch.

3) Keystroke settings and Page Setup settings are properly saved and restored.

4) Fixed a defect in the Page Setup dialog wrt unit conversions.

Report bugs to me and I will try to fix them.

Thanks and LMKWYT,

John Hansen