 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 696
695  |  697
Subject:
Trying to understand dynamic loading
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 08:46:36 GMT

Hi!

Could anyone please explain a little how the dynamic loading facility works in
legOS? I don't seem to get at full grip on it... and I can't test it either,
right now...

Is there a loader on the RCX?
Can apps be downloaded to the RCX whithout reloading the kernel too?
How about having several apps running simultaneously?
Are the apps tailored to a specific kernel build (by means of GENLDS)?

In other words, when downloading the kernel, does it wait then for an app, more
or less like the original firmare?

thanks
/Vlad