 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3976
    Should I lubricate my Lego motor? —Marc Abramowitz
   My robot is having a hard time getting around and I think that it's because the motors seem to be sticking. Even on my linoleum floor, my little tank robot often gets stuck and goes in slow circles, because one motor gets stuck. Once I nudge it or (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: Should I lubricate my Lego motor? —Chio Siong Soh
   (...) You may want to check if your motors are the new type 9V geared motor (#43362). If so, please be aware it is prone to failure, the first sign being sticking. Pl see my previous post on this ailment: (URL) amount of lubrication is going to (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: Should I lubricate my Lego motor? —Jonathan Wilson
   (...) Is this triggered by time or by usage? (i.e. will a motor that is run more wear out faster?) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: Should I lubricate my Lego motor? —Chio Siong Soh
   (...) Both. Likely due to bad design and/or manufacture. Someone at TLC is supposed to be looking into it. But I do not know what is the outcome. C S Soh (18 years ago, 25-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.technic)