 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3060
Re: BrickOS & LinuxUSB & lnpd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 19:36:36 GMT

Hi,
        I would like to get your patches to make the tower and lnpd to w
ork. I already have the tower working but I would like to see if did an
ything different. So can you please send me your patches?

(X) the patch to legotower.c to get the select()-syscall
(X) the patch to get legos-0.2.6-linux-usb-fastdl-sched working
          with brickOS-0.2.6.09
(X) the patch to modify lnpd to support the device-file
with
(X) comments to explain the changes

(X) only the necessary changes
or
( ) all changes including indentation-changes

Thanks
Subhachandra Chandra

Florian Schmidt wrote:

(i had a few problems to post, so this msg is a little too late...)

Hi,

i am new to brickOS, (since christmas)
and i have one of those fancy RCX2.0 bricks with an USB IR-Tower.
I am using debian and have little experiences with usb and
kernel-programming.

i've managed to apply the patch legos-0.2.6-linux-usb-fastdl-sched
to brickOS-0.2.6.09. dll and firmdl3 are both working okay.

now i wanted to play a little with lnp and recognized that the lnpd from
lnpd+liblnp.tgz uses select() to poll all his descriptors. the legotower
kernel-module doesn't support the select()-systemcall. and i don't want
to completle rewrite lnpd to work without select() :)

so i tried to implement the select()-call. this ended in a nearly
complete rewrite of the read()-method. (maybe unnecessary)
now select() and read() works and i can receive packets with lnpd.

i've also changed the lnpd a bit to support the legotower-device-file
(mainly no terminalsettings).
(i'm not sure about the writes to the usb-device, dll still seems to
work, but im not sure. i will today see if i can get dll using lnpd
and test wheather the packets from lnpd successfully can be received
on my rcx.)

i can make patches if someone is interested,

i can make
( ) the patch to legotower.c to get the select()-syscall
( ) the patch to get legos-0.2.6-linux-usb-fastdl-sched working
         with brickOS-0.2.6.09
( ) the patch to modify lnpd to support the device-file
with
( ) comments to explain the changes

( ) only the necessary changes
or
( ) all changes including indentation-changes

thanks for this great software! it gave me a funny christmas :)

(i almost had no time to put a bot together...)

bye,