 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2939
Re: LNP packet handler
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 16:39:06 GMT

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Vasilis Papadimitriou wrote:

Hi, i am a student at the technical university of Athens and i am currently
working on a project utilizing legOS 0.2.6 and LNP under Linux 7.3.
My first aim is to establish communication between the RCX and the PC.
I installed all the software components succesfully on both sides.
Next, i used the 2 programs(lnptest.c) included in the lnpd packet ,one for
each side in order to check if LNP works. I altered the programs so as
the PC program sends numbers and the RCX programs just receives them.
After some tests i found out that the RCX didn't seem to receive any packets
at all. The right 2 digits of the counter on the LCD which represent the
number of incoming messages were stuck to zero.
I altered a bit the program (added 2 lines in the packet_handler function in
order to make a sound whenever this function  was reached) and realized that
the
packet_handler function in the RCX program was never being accessed. I run
the program many times with no progress. The PC sends the numbers without
problems.
The last thing i did was to access the kernel function
lnp_integrity_active(void).
This function returns 1 if the RCX is currently receiving a packet. After
some
tests this function periodically returned 1, but the packet_handler was
still never being accessed.

Can anyone give me a clue?
Thanks.

Hi :-)

  I had problem the same.

  After brushing code source per some days, I finished
discovering that the problem was with the versions.

  I installed logOS 0.2.5 and everything functioned well.

--
[]s
Tavares

PS: Message translated for a web traslator.