 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2741
Re: is it possible to remove lnp_handler while running ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 18:29:01 GMT

Have you tried the 0.2.6.05 ?? I remember something in this area while I was
debugging RCX message passing. There is a different semaphone for the xmit
buffer separate from the transmitter (TX) in 0.2.6.05 that was not so in
0.2.6

The very latest lnp code (beyond 0.2.5.05) is checked into CVS but not in
any kit yet.

/ted

"kenneth johansen" <kennethj@stud.cs.uit.no> wrote in message
heh.. tried that.. no luck :(
sigh..after yet a couple of hours trying to figgure this out, im 99,99% • sure
that the problem is in lnp_addressing_write.
could this be that the function is not thread safe ?
but then again i have protected the function with mutexes (to ensure that • i
had no context switch while it tries to send)and it still didnt work.
gah.. im getting desperate here

im obvisouly missing something important here, but i cannot se it :(

ps: sending and recieving at the same time is has no problem after all :)

regards
a desperate kenneth johansen
kennethj@stud.cs.uit.no

I imagine you could just do something like

lnp_addressing_set_handler( PORT,  (lnp_addressing_handler_t) NULL );

I'm also curious as to why lnp_addressing_write hangs for you... I don't
remember ever having problems with two bricks reading and writing
concurrently.