 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2669
2668  |  2670
Subject:
*** name poll 2nd phase: make your votes ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 18:18:14 GMT

Now is YOUR turn. I've collected the names and present them at the end of
this posting. You can vote for ONE ( 1 ) name. Send an eMail to

legOS-namepoll@gmx.de

with:

- the name you vote for
- a phrase, choosen by you

for example:

I vote for: "hrdlwmpf", phrase is "lego rules".

In the result posting, I will post the counts for each name and the phrases
of the people who chose that name. So everyone is shure that his vote has
been counted.

End of the voting phase is the evening of the 07.07.02

If you have questions about the proceedings, give me a mail. PLEASE DO NOT
discuss the names in this newsgroup. There are no "bad" names and I don't
want to bring any bias in the voting process.

Now this are the names I got during the last 2 weeks:

ELEOS - enhanced lego embedded operating system

Hypnos - greek god of sleep

MinOS - OS for Lego Mindstorms

BrixControl

Amos - alternative mindstorms operating system

osmos - open source mindstorms operating system

MercuryOS

BrickOS

pbC

ÜberOS

Cheese

ostrich

c4h8

bloks - basic lowlevel operating and kernel system

robOS

NogOS

ebos - embedded brick OS

runix

robox

StormIX

ALPE - advanced lego programming environment

IXMiLe