 Robotics / RCX / Java / 374
AW: lejos program terminating immediately
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 08:59:25 GMT

Hi Jason,

you have to loop within your main program, otherwise main() will be left.

E.g. use
while (true) {
Thread.sleep (1000);
}

or, use a button listener, and exit when some button has been pressed.

HTH, Jochen

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]Im Auftrag
von JasonQ
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 10. August 2005 17:11
An: lugnet.robotics.rcx.java@lugnet.com
Betreff: lejos program terminating immediately

Hi,

I'm trying to use leJOS to display the current value of the
rotation sensor I
have hooked up to Sensor Port 1, but when I run the program, the
RCX just beeps
and ends the program immediately.  Here's my code:

import josx.platform.rcx.*;

public class Rot_test
{
    public static void main (String[] args) throws Exception
    {
        Sensor.S1.setTypeAndMode (SensorConstants.SENSOR_TYPE_ROT,
SensorConstants.SENSOR_MODE_ANGLE);
        Sensor.S1.addSensorListener(new SensorListener() {
            public void stateChanged(Sensor aSource, int aOldValue, int
aNewValue){
                LCD.clear();
                Integer i = new Integer(aNewValue);
                String s = i.toString();
                TextLCD.print(s);
            }
        });
        Sensor.S1.activate();
    }
}

I have a question about leJOS that may be related to this (and I
think it may
have to do with the problem I'm having).  When a leJOS program is
set up, and
the program finishes executing all of the code in the main(String[] args)
method, does the program just end?

I think the problem with my code may be that I set up the
listeners, but after
the program finishes reading all of the code in the method, it
just exits and
never watches the rotation sensor.

Does anyone know why I'm having this problem or what it is?

Thanks,

Jason