 Robotics / RCX / 947
Re: XCam2 as replace for Vision Command?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 19:45:43 GMT

Pinnacle Systems has a USB video capture device which allows one
to capture the analog video signal.  Works great with software like
the Exploration Mars software, which just checks if you have a video
input of some sort.

Vision command, however, seems to be taking advantage of the
Logitech QuickCam SDK capabilities, so it seem that VC, at least,
is compatible only with the VC Camera.

Interestingly, LEGO Studios also uses a LogiTech Quickcam, but
the software there appears to be provided by Pinnacle Systems,
probably a simplified version of PC Studio...

-Peter