 Robotics / RCX / 2973
Re: Faster Firmware/Motor Control
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2012 01:58:15 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Iain Hendry wrote:

BrixCC doesn't recognize "wait1Msec", and when I try to download a program with
it, it just gives me an error.

That's kind of what I was getting at with the motor power stuff; I can tell the
RCX can handle more motor powers, but there doesn't appear to be a way to use
them in the program...

D'oh...

I'm posting this because I'm sure I'm not the only one who missed this:  I
didn't realize there's a drop-down when BricxCC starts up, to select "Swan"
instead of "RCX" when making the first handshake with the brick.

After doing that, it compiles no problem.  MotorSetPower128 doesn't seem to
work, though...

At any rate, WaitMS() is great!  Super-precision motor control, here I come!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZlBlbe2cu0

-Iain