 Robotics / RCX / 2953
Subject:
WeDo +RCX?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 2009 11:51:51 GMT

I saw the WeDo sensors and hub available separately on LEGO Education website
the other day and I started wondering if I could use them for anything... No one
appears to have tried or managed to use the hub without the official software
until now and I'm not about to pay money for an application I'm not really going
to use so I started thinking if the sensors might be used separately.

Since the PF motors can quite easily be used together with the RCX if you use
the conversion cable (PF to 9V) I was wondering if the same would be true of the
sensors (proximity and tilt). I imagine the sensors must be relatively simple
things (PF protocol, low price) so I imagine the give an analogue signal.

Does anyone have any of these sensors and if so can they confirm they can be
used with the RCX? The might be a nice extension to the RCX.
Jetro

Re: WeDo +RCX?
I saw the WeDo sensors and hub available separately on LEGO Education website
the other day and I started wondering if I could use them for anything... No one
appears to have tried or managed to use the hub without the official software
until now and I'm not about to pay money for an application I'm not really going
to use so I started thinking if the sensors might be used separately.

I have sucessfully written a third party app that will let you
drive the WeDo from your Windows machine. Linux will be supported
fairly easily once I get the driver relinked, Mac when I get a
Mac for development :-)

Contact me offlist if interested.

Ralph

Re: WeDo +RCX?