 Robotics / RCX / 1989
Re: constant green light
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 15:01:39 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Pat LaVarre writes:
By now I have two more clues:

1) Not only does powering down the PC or booting Linux turn the light Off, but
so likewise does a Windows Hibernate.

2) Leaving the port open and unused turns the light Off only until I try a
Windows Suspend.  During the Windows Suspend, the light is On.  After the
Windows Suspend, the light goes back Off.

That the light stays on during Windows Suspend suggests to me that it has
something to do with the power management features of your laptop.  Try
temporarily turning off the power management option and see if the tower
behaves differently.

I will try some experiments on my home XP machine (which is not a laptop -
the XP laptop we have doesn't have a serial port) to see if I can get the
tower light to stay on all the time.

John Hansen