 Robotics / RCX / 1385
Re: RCX IR protocol
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 11:31:35 GMT

Seanna or Steve or Trevyn or Nicholas <swatsons@home.com> writes:

Hi all,

I was looking at the IR protocol described at
http://graphics.stanford.edu/~kekoa/rcx/, and i dont quite understand.

Take a look at http://graphics.stanford.edu/~kekoa/rcx/protocol.html

What is the packet header?

55 ff 00

what does the ~ mean? (eg "RCX reply opcode is always ~query opcode")

complement, i.e. invert every bit separately.

So for example ~f7=~11110111=00001000=10.

I am asking because i am writing an application that would do something
similar to the remote control.

Good luck and show it to us when you are done

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>
http://www.loria.fr/~stuber/