 Robotics / NXT / NXT Firmware Hacking / 15
Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2007 01:10:53 GMT

John Hansen wrote:
Over the past couple days I have used the IAR Embedded Workbench to implement
some enhancements and bug fixes for the standard NXT firmware.

The bug fixes are as follows:

<snipped description>

Holy crap John! You've been really busy! For anyone poking
around in this forum, I can say that what John has done is pretty
significant.

I have written my own firmware for the brick so I know
how much work must have gone into testing this.

For anyone interested in testing this, I'd encourage you
to do so and report back if there are any bugs or issues.
There is nothing like positive support from users to motivate
us along in the thankless task of improving firmware.

Ralph

PS. Even negative feedback is useful because it means SOMEONE
out there at least tried it :-)