 Robotics / NXT / NXT Firmware Hacking / 14
    Enhanced standard NXT firmware —John Hansen
   Over the past couple days I have used the IAR Embedded Workbench to implement some enhancements and bug fixes for the standard NXT firmware. The bug fixes are as follows: 1. RIC drawing code incorrectly checked the size of the OP_LINE structure for (...) (17 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

        Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware —Ralph Hempel
     (...) <snipped description> Holy crap John! You've been really busy! For anyone poking around in this forum, I can say that what John has done is pretty significant. I have written my own firmware for the brick so I know how much work must have gone (...) (17 years ago, 17-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

         Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware —John Hansen
     (...) It actually was not a very big deal. I was familiar with the firmware source code since I had looked at it quite a bit since it was released, trying to figure out how to get it to compile with GCC. All the RIC bug fixes were things I figured (...) (17 years ago, 17-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

         Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware —Rasmus Pedersen
     (...) I would have liked to have one permanently, but it seems a little steep. Last summer I got a limited edition (32KB or something) along with the an AT91 evaluation board. (...) Perhaps Section 5.1 is useful: (URL) I just tried to post but it (...) (17 years ago, 17-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

        Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware —Rasmus Pedersen
     ... (...) Hi John, I just tried to load it and just tested the "Try-me" light sensor. It worked fine. Not so much help, but I can try some more another day. Good work. Rasmus (...) (17 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

        Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware —David Wallace
   "John Hansen" <afanofosc@comcast.net> wrote in message news:JF0sGr.M2w@lugnet.com... (...) implement (...) big snip Great job John. And thank you especially for CommExecuteFunction. I couldn't believe that Lego didn't allow a way to make a Bluetooth (...) (17 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

        Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware —John Hansen
   (...) That's great news, David. I'm glad that you are having success using the new CommExecuteFunction system call. I haven't had a chance to test it at all yet personally but I was very confident that it would just work seeing as how exposing it (...) (17 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)