 Robotics / NXT / 82
Re: NXT Motor Encoder Accuracy and Dead Reckoning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2006 19:44:00 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

On Sun, August 13, 2006 12:04 am, Dick Swan wrote:
Has anyone done any experiments on the accuracy of the NXT motor "move
to" block? If so, can they post their results or impressions?

"Peeves consistently finished within 3 centimeters of its starting
position." Can/has the same performance been achieved with NXT using
the standard NXT-G programming language?

Yes.  Very easily.

I took my floor cleaner robot, Rosie:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hassenplug/Robots/NXT/floorcleaner.jpg

And, a two-block NXT-G program (in a loop):
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hassenplug/Robots/NXT/squareprogram.jpg

and created a robot that I think has the accuracy of "Peeves", as seen here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hassenplug/Robots/NXT/squaremove.wmv

It appears to return within a couple cm each time.

Steve