 Robotics / NXT / 58
57  |  59
Subject:
LS Communications? and announcing ruby-nxt
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2006 03:08:48 GMT

On page 10 of the Direct Commands.pdf, it talks about LS
communications on the NXT.  Does anyone know what LS communications
are?

Also, in case anyone is interested, I'm working on a ruby module for
communicating with the NXT via bluetooth.  It's pretty limited, but
you can see what I've done so far here:

http://juju.org/svn/public/ruby-nxt/trunk/

It makes programming the NXT as simple as:

require 'nxt.rb'

NXT.exec("/dev/tty.NXT-B") do |cmd|

  puts "Battery Level: #{cmd.GetBatteryLevel[0]/1000.0} V"

  cmd.PlaySoundFile(true,"Good Job.rso")
  sleep(3)
  cmd.StopSoundPlayback

end