 Robotics / NXT / 133
  Re: Flash Write Cycles

(...) [...] (...) According to what I have read, putting the AT91SAM7S processor in system recovery mode (i.e., by resetting it via the hardware reset button or by programmatically putting it into firmware boot mode) loads SAM-BA into flash and when (...) (18 years ago, 12-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Flash Write Cycles

(...) flash Are you sure of this John? It seems like the reset button would be for dire circumstances and would do something different than the firmware boot mode. The spec says this about SAMBA loading: "To enter SAM-BA Boot Recovery, the TST pin (...) (18 years ago, 13-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Flash Write Cycles

(...) I am not 100% sure but I am pretty sure based on a number of discussions that I have been involved with during the MUP2/MDP. To the best of my knowledge a clicking brick (however it got into that state) is a brick running SAM-BA in flash with (...) (18 years ago, 13-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)