 Robotics / NXT / 126
Re: NXT in London
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2006 23:08:03 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Tony Naggs wrote:
In article <J5CrsD.53w@lugnet.com>, Patrick Levy <patrick@omiccron.com.br> writes
Somebody can point me the best (cheapest) shop to buy the NXT in London? I
will be there by october, and I only found it for £179,99 GBP in hamleys.
(ouch!).

That is the Lego Company's recommended price.

Hamleys sell to many foreign visitors so they can probably help with
advice on how to reclaim the VAT (17.5% retail tax) when you leave.

Also the big John Lewis in Oxford Street should have the NXT:
www.johnlewis.co.uk

Argos often have discounts on list prices, but do not have the NXT
listed online yet; www.argos.co.uk  Check before you come.

Online Play are advertising the NXT with free delivery for £169.99:
http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/RGNEC/3-/1012156/Lego_Mindstorms_NXT/Product.html

Play charge 0% VAT as they are in a different tax territory, so there
will be no VAT to claim back when you leave.

Hope that helps,
Tony

Thanks, Tony, this information is great. I will check it out.

Patrick