 Robotics / Handy Board / 8709
8708  |  8710
Subject:
Polaroid and Handy Board malfunction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 06:36:56 GMT

Hello:

we have aquired all sort of sensors for Mobile robot application and with them
the MIT Handy Board and its expansion borad.
Our problem is when we try to use the Polaroid 6500 smt sonar borad with the
expansion board of the HB. After all connections were made according to the
manual of both the 6500 sensor and the expansion HB, at the the time of turn on
of the board The power diodes on the expansion board heated up and the Q1
transistor of the polaroid 6500 board was fried. We have checked all possible
reason of mistakes we might have made but none was found. Is there something
missing that we did not get with the package that should made us aware of some
precaution, or maybe some connection or variation of what was written in the PDF
manuals?

please if anyone can help on this issue, reply  to maged.najjar@balamand.edu.lb

we are holding any furthur try with another polaroid 6500 and HB until we get
some clue of what went wrong.

Thank you