 Robotics / Handy Board / 8691
8690  |  8692
Subject:
Problem connecting Lego light sensors to the analog ports
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 21:13:19 GMT

HI,
I faced some problems while I was using the Lego Light sensors on the Handy
Board. I'm fitting 2 lego rotation sensors and a light sensor on the Board.
According to the documetaion available, I understand that I can use the
light sensors in the analog port 2-6 of the Handy Board and the ports 16-31
of the Expansion board. But I find that the reflector of the light sensor is
'ON' only when I connect it to ports from 24-31. Again at ports 24-27, the
brighness of the light is very low and the sensor readings that I get are
not consistent. I am getting good sensor readings from port 28-31.
I also checked the sensor with another Handy Board - there also it works the
same way.
How can I get the light sensors to work reliably on all the analog ports ?
The way it is now, we cannot connect more than 4 light sensors on a board.

I had also got problems getting 2 rotation sensors and a light sensor to
work at the same time on ports 28-31. The rotation sensors work just fine on
ports 28 and 29, but the moment I connect the light sensor on port 30 or 31,
one of the rotation sensors would start giving junk values. I just don't
know how to fix it. I would really appreciate if somebody could help me fix
this?
Thanks,
Seema Lukose