 Robotics / 9587
Re: USB->Serial Converts and IR Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 18:37:44 GMT

Ram Meenakshisundaram <rmeenaks@olf.com> wrote in message
news:386CCBC8.270472E5@olf.com...
Hi,

I only have one serial port on my PC and it is currently hooked up to an
external modem (PC slots are precious to me).  So, I was planning on
using an USB->Serial converter.  Can anyone recommend a brand that has
been proven to work with the IR tower on a PC.  Thanks

Entrega's hubs with serial ports or the U1S9 work great IF you download the
latest drivers
(just got mine working this morning!) from Entrega.  Barbara Nostrand
inidcates that the
Pitsco catalogue has an Entrega U1S9 converter (USB to serial 9 pin) for
$59, presumably
it has been tested with RoboLab and comes with drivers that work, if you
don't want
to be bothered with downloading the latest from Entrega.

-Peter

--
Peter A. Vogel
Release Engineering Manager