 Robotics / 6591
Re: Touch Sensor as a Switch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 18:55:01 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Tilman Sporkert) writes:
You can't reasonably wire Lego 9V components in series. Even then,
the resitor values are too close together to produce reliable readings.

Connecting N touch sensors in parallel requires N pieces of wire, while doing
so in series requires N+1 pieces of wire. See? It's not that bad.

Here is my experimenting results of connecting the three Cyber Master touch
sensors to RCX in series: (disregarding bouncing)

  yellow  red  white  percent
     0     0     0      34%
     1     0     0      43%
     0     1     0      45%
     0     0     1      50%
     1     1     0      62%
     1     0     1      71%
     0     1     1      77%
     1     1     1     100%

The values produced by the yellow and the red sensors are dangerously close.
Otherwise it seems ok to me. I get exactly the same readings everytime. I
don't know if battery power or a different RCX will affect the readings.

Cheers,
Hao-yang Wang