 Robotics / 5477
Re: IR Transmitter - where's the "off" switch?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 21:17:19 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Ben Williamson) writes:
Brian,

I think your tower is the odd one out here.  My LED only turns on while
the tower is transmitting, and goes off a few seconds after it finishes.
My guess is that there is something wierd about your serial port, but I
haven't seen the problem so I can't suggest much.  In any case I've got
the original battery in my tower which has been plugged in for months,
and it's still going strong.

   The Green light on my IRT turns on when downloading and off when done
downloading.  The problem is that it also turns on and stays on when I
power off my system!!  (I'm using WIN98 on a system that auto powers off
when I SHUTDOWN.)  At first I suspected that there was current coming
from the system to the IRT but I've disconnected the electrical power
plug and the green light on the IRT still stays on.  Only when I unplug
the cable between the IRT and base unit does the green light go out (and also
if I power on my system).

Brian