 Robotics / 4489
Re: LA Area Robot-Arena competition may Not happen...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.robotics.events.robot-arena, lugnet.robotics.events
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 03:04:06 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, David Chen writes:
I had originally posted (about 1 month ago) that I would be willing to
set up an informal Robot-Arena style competition in the LA Area for
March 17th 1999.

Haven't gotten much responses/entries....Actually, got only one response
from someone who just wanted to bring his kid and watch!  Nope, no
combat minded Mindstorms builders/hackers out there in the LA area
apparently!

  I prefer the objective oriented competitions.  Maze solvers, find a
can and bring it back.  That sort of thing.  The RCX hasn't been out
long enough for folk to have mastered the art of agression on one I
think.

  Also, it has been suggested around here that a get together to exchange
"best practices" and such is a good idea.  Especially before any kind of
competition takes place.

just an idea,
DLC