 Robotics / 27641
Re: Control Lab Interface response time
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 2009 14:08:37 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Iain Hendry wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, linmix <linmix@gmail.com> wrote:

quite appalled by the lag between an input and the corresponding output.
It took almost a second for a motor to stop or start responding to a
touch sensor.

Whoah, a full second?!  That's pretty useless!  :(  I'm trying to find software
to program the ControlLab right now, but if this is the case, I might as well
abandon any plans I had on using it.  Fine motor control would be completly
impossible.

Did you ever find a result?  I realize this post is 2 years old.

-Iain

Yes, the response time of the CLI is rather disappointing to say the least.
Personally I think the CLI is best suited for controlling things like lights,
and motors on someones town layout.  For anything that requires precise control
use an RCX or a NXT.

You can try using the ActiveX Control found here on this webpage (it hasn't
worked for me under Vista, but XP should be ok).  Or you can hunt down the
original CLI software but that only works with Windows98.  The best thing to use
is Robolab or to code something yourself in a C language.

Dan