 Robotics / 25766
Re: NXT retail or education version - which are you going to buy and why?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:50:13 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Ben Fleskes wrote:
I am really excited to get my hands on a NXT and will order on April 1.  But
where to order it from. LEGO S@H or LEGO Education.

The following site has some good comparisons:

http://www.bnxt.com/blog/

Since I'd like to get it sooner rather them later, I'm inclined to go retail,
but the education version seems to have some nice features.

My question to others:  Which version are you going to buy and why?

Another important feature of the education version is the 3 RCX converter
cables.

But AFAIK, you can only pre-order from the lego retail store. So thats the one
I'm going to get. If I could wait, I'd get the education version. As it is, I'm
sure they'll sell the cables, charger, and battery separately, I'll get those as
soon as they are available.