 Robotics / 25072
Re: mindstorms NXT and memory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 12:20:31 GMT

I keep hearing this (and reading in the official press releases) but
having recently shopped for a cell phone, I can tell you that everyone
available here (Ontario) that I can find has the bluetooth crippled to
it will ONLY talk to bluetooth headsets.  Can't even use them for
address book sync with a PC.
Blame the phone companies. (Verizon is probobly the worst offender but
others are guilty too)
I know of many hacks where people have re-enabled features (including such
things as bluetooth address book sync and bluetooth file transfer) that the
phone companies have disabled (especially prevalent in areas where you are
forced to buy the phone from the service provider).
My interest is in Motorola phones (being that I own one alblit one without
bluetooth) but such hacks may exist for other phones too.