 Robotics / 24966
  Re: mindstorms NXT

(...) I just saw Lego's definiton of a servo motor. It resembles a industry servo, not a hobby servo. In the hobby servo, the closed loop is done in the servo electronics, but in the industry servo, the closed loop is done in the controller. (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: mindstorms NXT

(...) This all makes some sense, though it seems strange to put a digital board in the servos, but not do the control there. In any case, I think my first project will be to figure out how to use the USB port to connect the NXT to a more powerful (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: mindstorms NXT

(...) I was wondering if one could make a two port host device with its own power source (battries). It could be relatively simple, where one host port polls the device port of the NXT to find out if there is anything to do, and then the second host (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: mindstorms NXT

(...) So you are saying you have a sort of mini-host acting as a bridge between connected devices like a NXT and something else. That sounds like an interesting idea ..... I think one of the reasons why hosts are tricky and devices are easier is (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: mindstorms NXT

John Barnes wrote: I was wondering if this might be (...) I think I have one : ) It's an HP Jornada 820. Runs CE from ROM, but people are busily hacking at getting Linux to run on it. It's a nice little machine and I suspect the perfect device to (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: mindstorms NXT

(...) Yes, this was what I was brainstorming of... (...) Yes, this is very true. If you always used A for the NXT then you'd still need device drivers for whatever is plugged into B. (...) Yes, as long as the WindowsCE has host capabilities. My (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)