 Robotics / 24954
Re: mindstorms NXT and memory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 11:05:23 GMT

Hi Steve,

As long as you have
enough flash and know how to make the most of it you can do a lot of
really
interesting stuff.

Sure - *some* interesting stuff - but not video, audio or mapping.

Not so sure about that. I would try to use the bluetooth link and let my
computer do the video, audio or mapping work. I did that kind of thing
with the RCX and the IR connection and it was a nightmare sometimes, it
only worked reliable with stationary robots ( i did a sorter with vision
command and a learning neural net, that worked fine, but a moving bot
lost connection all the time)

I imagine a seekbot that runs through my livingroom, saves his data with
bluetooth, can use 500MB of my notebook's RAM if it likes and... well,
in the moment I count my money and wait...

Regards,

Michael