 Robotics / 24949
Re: mindstorms NXT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 03:27:49 GMT

[apologies to Steve, I sent these to him instead of the list -- this is the
only list I'm on that puts the last poster's email in the 'reply to' field]

I've been playing with technics-dominated ideas for some time, but little
things like this always tripped me up.

Among other things, moving from studs to rivets can make for much sturdier
constructions.  But it also allows you to make things that have a little
bounce or flex, by controlling the degrees of freedom you allow.

Along these lines, I'm hoping to post some pix (& an mpeg) of a new
creation, a 4-wheeler differential drive with a novel suspension system.
Last nite I amazed the wife by having it crawl over the lawn, up the berm of
our patio (about 2 inches), then over a bed of flat stones, gravel, and
rocks.  The thing was unstoppable!

-dbm