 Robotics / 24899
Re: mindstorms NXT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 00:56:29 GMT

William Grant wrote:
Rob Hendrix wrote:

In lugnet.robotics, Ram Meenakshisundaram wrote:

The old rcx allows you to connect multiple motors to the same
port. Also, the motor port could be used for other sensors and
powering other things as well...

Ram

I agree with this part of your statement. I'd like to be able to
connect other things besides motors to the outputs, and I've
noticed that so far it appears as if you won't be able to daisy
chain things like touch sensors on the inputs. That's something
I've done many times with the current RCX. If we can get our hands
on some of those proprietary connectors, I'm sure we'll make a few
goodies like adapter cables and multiplexors first! ;)

-Rob www.brickmodder.net

Those connectors aren't proprietary! They are common RJ11 phone
plugs/sockets!

They can be got at any electronics store, so they are much easier to
get than the previous ones. Is this Lego being nice to us so we can
easily make new devices to connect to the NXT?

William.

Well, I stand corrected. They look just like RJ11, yet they are not.
Oops. >_<

William.