 Robotics / 24780
  Re: mindstorms NXT

(...) My main worry is that the programming interfaces for the new and the old systems won't be able to co-exist on the same computer system, so if you want to use your old RCX you have to program it on different PC from the one you use for the new (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: mindstorms NXT

(...) And where are the studs???...??? It looks 100% liftarms to me (18 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: mindstorms NXT

I guess 'digital wire interface' implies the output from the sensor itself is digital? The RCX inputs are analog and the A/D occurs inside the RCX, does it not? (18 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: mindstorms NXT

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to install both progs on one comp. People could use NCQ progs and stock Mindstorms on the same comp, after all. -Stefan- (18 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: mindstorms NXT

Maybe they're just making it sound better, but it'd certainly be better to have digital sensors... although homebrew will be harder. However, I don't think I'll be able to ask my dad for NeXT after the HuGE expense of the cnc machine... (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: mindstorms NXT

(...) It sounds simple, but Mindstorms has never been very friendly with things like ports and interrupts. If both systems are installed and competing for the same computer resources..... trouble will occur. If they over-write each others' DLLs, (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)