 Robotics / 24496
    Re: High Failure Rate of New Type 9V Geared Motor —Ross Crawford
   (...) I'm guessing it may also be cheaper / easier to manufacture. ROSCO (19 years ago, 22-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

        Re: High Failure Rate of New Type 9V Geared Motor —Jordan Bradford
   (...) I burned out two of these motors in a high-torque situation (my Great Ball Contraption module prototype) which I posted about (URL) here> and (URL) here>. I don't like them for their friction, their louder sound, and that they "feel" cheaper (...) (19 years ago, 27-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, FTX)

        Re: High Failure Rate of New Type 9V Geared Motor —Chio Siong Soh
   (...) What a relief to know I'm not jinxed after all. (...) And their high mortality rate. I hope the proper person at TLC is looking into it. C S Soh (19 years ago, 28-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, FTX)