 Robotics / 24149
Re: What should you do with a stuck motor?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 01:23:12 GMT

Citando Steve Hassenplug <Steve@TeamHassenplug.org>:

On Wed, June 29, 2005 4:19 pm, Jordan Bradford said:
> Last night I had a new-style 9V motor attached directly to a 40-tooth gear
that
> was turning an 8-tooth gear. There was a fair amount of torque involved, and
my
> motor stalled after a while. Now the thing won't turn unless I really force
it.
> What should I do? Should I call LEGO and have them send me a new one? Should
> take it apart and try to fix it? What happened to it, anyway?
>
> The motor in question is from a Mindstorms 2.0 kit, and the number on the
bottom
> is 43362.

The folks at LEGO are VERY good about replacing messed up motors.  I've done
it all
on-line, before.

Steve

Well, i've had a problem like that a few months ago... My motor was
*completely* stuck, it didn't turn... I tried to open it and ended up breaking
one of the motor's inner components... My advice is: if you don't know how to
do it, don't do it! =P The result from my experience is that I am now the proud
owner of a stuck and broken motor :D
Email gratuito com 2 000 MB
Espaço para guardar as memórias de uma vida
http://www.portugalmail.pt/2000mb