 Robotics / 23902
Re: AFOL Mindstorms touranment in Billund
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events
Date:
Sat, 16 Apr 2005 09:36:26 GMT

   For those who want to know, let me try to explain the event.

Here’s a nice picture of everyone, and the tables: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Byggepladen/AFOLMSCompBillund05/PeterV/robotkonkurrence2005024.jpg

We met Saturday at 3:00 pm, and the challenge was explained. It was generally in the First Lego League format, where there are two tables, side-by-side (see above)

Here’s a picture of one playing field: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Byggepladen/AFOLMSCompBillund05/PeterV/robotkonkurrence2005001.jpg

(snip)

Here are the scores from the day: http://gallery.freelug.org/Concours01/JLB_dscn4490

As you can see, after two rounds, the scores were totalled, and four teams were eliminated. Then, came the semi-final and final.

(snip)

However, the Best Robot Design was awarded to Team Hassenplug.

Here are some pictures: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=125336 http://gallery.freelug.org/ConcoursMSBillund2005

This is my favorite: http://gallery.freelug.org/Concours01/JLB_dscn4349

(snip)

Here’s a video (21mb) of the highest scoring run of the day. We were the only team to put a yellow ball in the gutter, and we did it twice. In this run, we scored 665 points: (I think two shots from this run made the TV clip above) http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hassenplug/Contests/AFOLBillund/afol1.mpg

And, here’s a 7mb video of us going against ItLUG in a post-even rematch: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hassenplug/Contests/AFOLBillund/afol2.mpg

Overall, it was great to hang out with some of the best Mindstorms builders in the world, and I’m glad I was part of it.

Steve

I chime in too... It was a wonderful gathering, and a real pleasure for everybody.

I am finally able to see a face when I read a name here ;o)

Thanks to all contestants and to the organizing Lego team!

Philo

...longing to be there at the next event, wherever it is...