 Robotics / 23322
Re: The Great Ball Contraption
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:01:17 GMT

tmassey@obscorp.com writes:
> Perfect.  Right turns and left turns, and we stay in-spec.  Beautiful.

There should also be an appendix to the spec pointing this out,
though.  Something like this should go into the Building Notes:

Turning modules: You should always design your module as if it will be
used in a long straight line of modules.  You can, however, easily
create a module which can also turn 90 degrees right or left.  A
right-turning module needs to keep the area in front of the In basket
clear.  This area needs to be the width of the In basket, or 10 studs.
The depth of this clear area should be without limit.  A left-turning
module needs to keep the area behind the In basket clear.  This area
is accurately described by four points: the Back Left corner, the Back
Right corner, the Back Left of the output, and the Back Left of the In
basket.  This area will be exactly 22 studs deep and must be least 32
studs wide.  Nothing prevents a module from being designed as both
left-turning and right-turning.

--
--My blog is at angry-economist.russnelson.com  | Freedom means allowing
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | people to do things the

Re: The Great Ball Contraption