 Robotics / 23243
Re: RCX Sensor Port
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 08:11:57 GMT

   I believe this to be correct. According to the circuit topology and values I’ve deduced, there is a current source of 15.38mA, derived from a +8.4V supply rail

   This indicates that sensors should try to draw no more than 10mA and certainly not more than 15mA in order to get the best performance.

Experiments completely second that, see this V/I curve I measured while preparing my GP2D12 interface.

Philo