 Robotics / 22801
Re: Lego Compatible (was Re: JCX and Legos...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 02:01:14 GMT

Wayne Gramlich wrote:
I'm just curious what constitutes a system that is Lego
compatible enough?

Fair question.

In this context, I would say that it is a unit that directly supports
LEGO motors and sensors right out of the box.  The Handyboard motor
outputs may be electrically compatible with LEGO motors, but the unit
lacks physical compatibility that the JCX would have had (again, out of
the box... such connectors can be constructed, I know).  Further, and
more significantly, the analog sensor inputs on the Handbyboard are
3-pin... (+V, gnd, and sensor value), which isn't directly compatible
with LEGO active sensors which multiplex both voltage and sensor value
on 2 lines.