 Robotics / 19681
19680  |  19682
Subject:
RCX Tank Base
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 00:37:06 GMT

I am currently working on an RCX Tank Base Two that is bigger with better
suspension, easier-turning different style of slip clutch, and some sort
of cool Robot Warriors style of weapon like a chopping axe (which I have
no idea yet of how to build).

A rotating disk with one or two teeth is much easier and very effective.
You can store a lot of energy that way. My finger still hurts from where I
was experimenting yesterday with a 5cm steel bar on a cheap motor.

With an axe it's difficult to deliver energy fast enough. Maybe there would
be a way of winding up an elastic band then suddenly releasing it.

Peter