 Robotics / 18074
RE: lasers and RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 18:09:14 GMT

Yes, I remember.

I did save a search on Laser PEN's on eBay because of that :)

I planned to use video image analysis (er... machine/robotic vision)
to keep track of (and measure) the reflection of laser line on objects.
I say LINE and not DOT because I also planned to "vibrate" the laser pen, or
a small mirror to make the line and deal with a wide angle "detection".

Since then, I convinced myself (finally) that I hadn't the time to make such
(and many other) Lego projects.
I gave up on them (hopefully, when I retire, in about 20 years :> I can
proceed with many)

mc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Novy [mailto:dan@flashfilmworks.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 4:20 PM
To: lego
Subject: lasers and RCX

    Years ago, there was a thread about hooking up lasers to
the RCX and
using then for signaling and proximity sensing.  Aside from  the dire
warnings (Don't blind the cat!), does anybody remember this thread?
I've recently come into ownership of a few hundred cheap 1.5
volt lasers
and was wondering if anybody has any cool projects with the
RCX and low
power lasers.  Links would be lovely.

--
Dan Novy