 Robotics / 17924
Re: Microscout assembly?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.microscout
Date:
Thu, 16 May 2002 21:58:36 GMT

Hmm... Well, you could try www.mindstorms.com (or whatever it is) and look
fo the
configuration.  I remember looking around that side and seeing some diagrams
and shematics.  I have that set too, and I have no intentions of taking it
apart (lucily)

Car

In lugnet.robotics, Luke Rosenberg writes:
One day, while there was nothing to do, I took apart my Microscout (came
with the R2D2 droid development kit, or whatever).  I had no idea how the
motor assembly was connected to the rest of the unit, so this was probably a
bad idea.  Anyway, I took the motor off and can not reassemble the unit.  On
the plastic piece to which the motor was attached, there are two sets of
thin metal strips that come in contact with the motor shaft.  Does anyone
know the correct configuration of these strips?  I'm not very hopeful, but
this is currently the only motorized Lego item I have.  I'm looking forward
to getting RIS 2.0 soon.  I'd like to have a motor to play with until then,
but if nobody can help me that's fine.  And yes, I'm an idiot.