 Robotics / 17863
Re: Microscout assembly?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.microscout
Date:
Sat, 11 May 2002 13:52:21 GMT

The only  thing that comes to mind is that the metal strips are acting like
brushes to connect the power to the commutator of the motor. I opened one of
mine and fear restrained me from entering too far. The battery connections
are direct to the PC board and the two wires from the board supply the
motor. Can you relate the metal strips to the electrical portion of the
motor? If you can get a picture of the parts, send it to me at
rfay@attbi.com and I will try to figure it out.

--
Bob Fay

THE SHOP
http://www.ozbricks.com/bobfay

"Luke Rosenberg" <Luke727@hotmail.com> wrote in message
One day, while there was nothing to do, I took apart my Microscout (came
with the R2D2 droid development kit, or whatever).  I had no idea how the
motor assembly was connected to the rest of the unit, so this was probably • a
bad idea.  Anyway, I took the motor off and can not reassemble the unit. • On
the plastic piece to which the motor was attached, there are two sets of
thin metal strips that come in contact with the motor shaft.  Does anyone
know the correct configuration of these strips?  I'm not very hopeful, but
this is currently the only motorized Lego item I have.  I'm looking • forward
to getting RIS 2.0 soon.  I'd like to have a motor to play with until • then,
but if nobody can help me that's fine.  And yes, I'm an idiot.